Do you have hot meals brought in daily?
We had a lot of experience with this method of service. Typically this suits because you don't need a large kitchen space and extra staff to cook food. However, you often find that the quality of food suffers during transport and errors in ingredients occur as a result of all food needing to be prepared earlier in the day before being transported. When designing our process we sought to overcome the problems with hot meal delivery:
- We wanted that "just baked" smell and texture
- We wanted the flexibility to make alterations on the day e.g. reducing or increasing amounts, catering for tastes etc
- We wanted to serve at the point the meal had finished cooking.
Do you cook hot meals on site?
You typically choose this approach because you believe that parents prefer this approach and you have the flexibility to make what you like. It provides great textures and smells, in addition to giving you the opportunity to make meal times a learning experience. However, the dream of cooking your own food doesn't always live up to the hype. When designing our process we sought to overcome the problems with cooking your own food:
- We wanted to avoid being over reliant on key staff members
- We wanted easy preparation that took no more than 30 minutes
- We wanted a simple ordering and selection process that in combination took no more than 15 minutes per week
- We wanted to ensure that space used was limited to the size of a simple food storage and preparation area
To learn more about how we can help you improve the quality of the food you serve and how you serve it, get in touch to arrange a free visit which includes some tasty samples.